Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Weird and wonderful

Today I had an interesting experience. I was supposed to work in my new casual job. Recently I applied in an agency to work as a carer. Usually carers take care of aged people in their homes and help them doing their every day activities.
I knew that today I have to take care of a kid which has some mental and behavioral problems.
The house was located in one of the best areas in Sydney close to clovelly beach. First, I met an old man in the age of nearly 65 to 70 years old. Messy house and a strange smell pissed me off at first seconds! He called john, and he entered. He was mentally retarded. I was about to cry, I don’t know why exactly but my expectation was different.

The man gave me a bag and told me that john likes to walk along the beach and after that make a barbeque for both of you.
I didn’t know the area so john leaded me through the path. He was absolutely conscious about the path. We entered into a cemetery. I had heard about that cemetery which is quite famous in Sydney. Going there was my plan in the coming months.

I started talking to him.
_ so, your name is john, is that right?
_ my name is john Paul and your name is ali. (He offered his hand as greeting)

I got that he is not like what I was thinking. He started talking about the cemetery. English people are buried here, as well as people from Italy, john told. I was shocked. He knew that as his father had told him many times in the past.
That cemetery is the biggest one in Sydney and it has only one view: ocean. We walked along the other famous beaches and made a barbeque in bronte beach. He loves sausages so we had that. When I asked him which day in a week you like most, he replied Tuesdays. Why?, I said. Its barbeque day, john said that.
During our walk, his father called me three times to make sure that everything is ok. He was wondering what we will do if it starts raining.
After three hours, we went back home. He wanted me to watch a DVD with him. It was a kind of educational DVD for children. Another one hour went for that.

His father really appreciated that and helped me to find the right way to reach the city.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was amazing.dont give up writing

Anonymous said...

سلام.
ما می خونیم. درباره یک دوست شنیدن. اینکه اوقاتش رو چطور سپری می کنه همیشه خوبه. خیلی خوبه که می نویسی.
موفق باشی علی

Anonymous said...

خیلی خوش حال شدم. معلومه که نسل 76 هیچ وقت ساکت نمی شن. نوشته هات چهره ات را یادم می آورد. نمی دانم، شاید اگر بدانم که به چه چیز فکر می کنی، بعد از چند سال دوری، دیدنت حس بیگانگی بهم ندهد. فکر کنم می دانی از چه صحبت می کنم، راستی یه فکری هم برای وبلاگ شاهرود بکن. با امید.

 
- - - - -