Thursday, August 23, 2007

Racial discrimination

Before travelling to Australia, I was told about a kind of racial discrimination. It’s more than half a year that I am living in here and just once I faced that. An uneducated guy, who wanted to rent one of his rooms but anyhow, doesn’t matter.

I have worked in many different places in the city or out of the city and with different types of the people. I’ve never felt a kind of discrimination in workplace. Four months ago I was working in a kitchen for a couple of weeks. We, staff, had any kind of conversations over there but nobody asked me from where I am! Neither did I. after a while I came to know that it really doesn’t matter. Last day of my job in that spot, the manager asked me:” by the way, where are you from?”

2 comments:

Unknown said...

من از همین استرالیا خوشم میاد. هرکسی با هر رنگی و ملیتی و سلیقه ای و نژادی داره با آرامیش خاطر زندگی میکنه. بعضی وقتها که بیرونم و میبینم که ادمهای مختلف با هر شکل و شمایلی دارن با هم زندگی میکنند وجودم پر از شادی میشه و از اینکه تو این جامعه هستم و پذیرفته شده ام به خودم می بالم و سعی میکنم هر چی بیشتر این فرهنگ رو در خودم تقویت کنم.

سپنتا said...

سلام
بزرگترین مزیت استرالیا اینه که یه کشور چند ملیتیه.واسه همین هم حضور افراد و نژاد قومی مختلف خیلی احساس نمیشه.مخصوصا"ایرانیها که حد اقل از لحاظ قیافه خیلی تابلو نیستن در مقایسه با چش بادومیها یا هندیها

 
- - - - -