Saturday, February 2, 2008

what I've learnt in Sydney

One year passed from the first day I arrived in Sydney.

I have learned some life lessons mainly in Sydney that I like to share:

* I've learnt, smile generates smile. Having a great greeting can be more powerful than a long explanation/talk.

* I've learnt, being proactive in life is the key to success.
(most of the people are passive, some are active and few are proactive!)

* I've learnt, a person who keeps secrets is more precious than a person who unfastens his own secrets.

* I've learnt, one who tries and loses is more successful than who doesn’t try and thinks he wins.

* I've learnt, Some Australians are too polite to correct my mistakes. It can prevent me getting to know my mistakes.

* I've learnt, a good exercise can give me more confidence in a long job interview.

* I've learnt, we, most of Iranians are not liberated enough in life.

* I've learnt, a big smile is a secret of successful businessmen.

* I've learnt, when people say something is hard to achieve, it’s definitely achievable. When they say it's easy to achieve, it’s a joke.

* I've learnt, a weak greeting is accompanied with a negative mind.

* I've learnt, people say:”you can not“because they can not.
(similar to a dialogue in “pursuit of happiness”)



Oh! I can’t think any more at the moment!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I realy would like to thank you for these useful expressions.

Anonymous said...

thanks maryam,
i wish you would write your name or blog as well.
cheers

Unknown said...

happy anniversary mate, you came almost one month after me.
i know it has nt be easy to learn these lessons, but i am happy we have learnt them in our first year.
take care

Anonymous said...

i can just have a weep!
http://news.gooya.com/didaniha/archives/2008/02/067771.php

Anonymous said...

Hey man,

You have wrritten all the best...

and learn this one too:

YOU CAN WHEN IF YOU WANT
IF YOU WANTED THEN YOU CAN

Have a nice pleasant marvelous March

Happy new persian year

 
- - - - -