Thursday, August 2, 2007

My today’s job

Today again I had a three hour job as a carer. I had to take care of a 60 years old man which leaves in a nursing home. The company already had provided some sort of information about him.

I was there in time. Nurses were helping Tony to get dressed. He was on the wheelchair. After introducing us, he very soon demanded for cigarette. His cigarettes and lighter were on me and I knew that he was allowed to smoke maximum 4 cigarettes in a three hours shift. He smoked two of them in spot.

I was supposed to take him to a pub in nearby the nursing home and again I was supposed to confine him of drinking more than 2 pints of beer. After spending time in a pub he asked me to buy him more cigarettes from a shop.
_Well! I can just buy food and drinks for you.
_yes! But they won’t know that, and you have enough money for that.
_yes I have but it’s just for food and drink.
_ok! Smoke is my food then.

I just laughed and showed him that I liked what he said. I think it was the best approach as he could get dangerous. We walked down the road and got to the nursing home. I had still one hour to spend with him and as he was quiet, I was getting bored.

_do you like to tell me about your life Tony?
He looked at me and started talking about his life. He has got married for three times and was regretted of divorcing his first wife.
_then, why did you divorce?
_ I wanted to live in countryside but she didn’t.
_ was it the only reason? Did you love her?
_it was the only reason and I loved her far more than the next ones. I should have stayed with her.
In that time he met a landlady from countryside who owned 157 horses and land as well. He got crazy of her (or maybe the number of the horses) and married her.


He lives there now in nursing home or cursing home, in his view.

No comments:

 
- - - - -